In this article we tell you how to get the COVID-19 E-pass during the lockdown. Many state governments give citizens the opportunity to register for an e-pass on their website. At the same time, many governments have even issued mobile or WhatsApp numbers for this.
How to get an e-pass during the lockdown? (How do I get an e-pass for lockdown?)
1. First, visit your state’s official lockdown e-pass website.
2. Go to the website and click ‘Apply’.
3. Why do you need an e-pass now? Give a reason for this. Explain that each state’s website may also request other information from the user. For example, the Maharashtra e-pass website will ask you for your photo ID, valid organizational documents, medical reports and company ID, which must be attached to the application.
4. After submission, the application will be examined by the local police and a pass will be issued.
6. If there is an error in completing the application, the user can correct the error by going to the local police station. A unique token ID will be provided to you along with the request.
How do you know the status of the e-pass application? (How to check the e-pass application status?)
1. Once the application has been submitted, the user can check the status of his/her application by entering the unique ID on the e-pass website.
2. After the e-pass is approved, a message will be sent to the user’s phone by the authorities.
3. Users can also print this e-pass. Always carry this pass with you when you leave the house.
List of e-pass websites for states and union territories
A state in East India
Jammu and Kashmir
People from other states and union territories can get an e-pass by contacting their district official.
How to apply for an e-pass on WhatsApp? (How do you request a lockdown e-pass via WhatsApp?)
In addition to the website, the Delhi government has also issued WhatsApp numbers for e-passes where people can send an e-pass request by sending a message. Those numbers are-
East District: 8447200084, 8375878007
Northeast District: 9540895489, 8860425666
Central District: 7428336279, 7428210711
New Delhi District: 9540675392, 9873743727
Northern District: 8595298706, 8595354861
Shahdara District: 8595272697, 8595274068
Southeast District: 8595246396, 8595258871
West District: 9414320064, 8595252581
South District: 9599649266, 964315027
Southwestern District: 9971518387, 9971526953
Northwest District: 8595559117, 8595543375
To apply, you must send your name, address, reason for e-pass, timing, copy of ID and vehicle number to the above WhatsApp number. The municipality will give you a pass after examination.