If you wish to vote in the 2019 general election or any state election, it is mandatory to have your name on the electoral roll. In addition, it is also necessary to have a voter ID card issued by the Election Commission. Keep in mind that just having a voter card isn’t enough, so know if your name is on the voter list or not…
How do you know if your name is on the electoral roll or not…
By following these simple steps, you can check whether your name is on the electoral list or not.
1. Go to the National Voter Services Portal page.
2. You can check in in two ways by going here. First, you either fill in the requested information or you can enter the EPIC number of your Communicator ID card here. The EPIC number is printed in bold on your Voter ID card.
(Read: How to Make Changes or Corrections to the Voter ID Card Online)
If you have an EPIC number, then…
1. Go to the NVSP Electoral Search page.
2. Tap Search by EPIC Number
3. Enter your EPIC number here. Select your state from the drop-down menu. Enter the code shown in the picture. Then tap Search.
4. If your name is in the voter list, it will appear below the search button. If nothing shows up, chances are your name is missing from the electoral roll.
(Read: How to change the photo in the voter ID card online)
If you don’t have an EPIC number, then…
1. Go to the NVSP election search page
2. Select and tap Search by detail
3. Fill in the required details including name, gender, age, constituency. After that, enter the captcha code shown in the image. Then click on Search.
4. When you see the result under the search button, please understand that your name has been entered in the voter list. If not, assume that your name is missing from the electoral roll.
(Read: Online Way to Transfer Voter ID Card to Another State)
In India, the correct name of the people is not always mentioned on the voter card. We have seen many such voter cards with the name misspelled. In this case, the result is sometimes zero when the correct name is entered in the search. So we recommend that you check this using the EPIC number and not by name. This way you avoid questionable results.