TV viewers must choose the channels of their choice until February 1, 2019. Under the new framework, viewers now only pay for the channels they want to watch. Now the question will arise in your mind how to choose the channel. We will tell you about this. In this article, we will tell you how to choose a channel on Airtel DTH service.
The choice for the Airtel DTH package is possible via the Airtel website and the MyAirtel app…
Choose the channel of your choice like this on Airtel website
1. First, login to the Airtel website with your ID. If you don’t have an Airtel ID, please register.
2. Once you sign up, the Overview section will show you all the Airtel products that you are using the service.
3. Now click on your DTH ID. After that, your Airtel DTH account page will open. Here you will see the options Charging, Transactions and Connections.
4. Now select the Connections option. If you click here, you will get the message Attention Required in the red colored banner. In this is written the question of the framework of TRAI. Now click on the Upgrade Now button.
5. After that, a new page will appear. First of all, you get a suggestion of a new Airtel subscription based on your existing subscription. If you want, you can choose this plan. Here is also the channel list. By clicking on it, you can know which channels you get in that plan. If the plan fits your budget and preferences, click Get It. Then you go to the confirmation page. This is where your package will change.
6. The above procedure is based on Airtel’s suggestion. If you want, you can choose the channels of your choice one by one from Broadcaster Bouquet and Ala-Carte.
7. In Broadcaster Bouquet you can choose the package of multiple channels from one company. For example DISCOVERY Bouquet 1 Family Package and NDTV Noord Info. The details of the number of channels included in these packs are available on the page itself. If you want, you can also know the names of all channels by clicking on the channel list.
8. After you have selected the package from the broadcast bouquet, click Continue. After this comes the option of Ala-Carte automatically. This was done because Broadcaster Bouquet may not have all the channels of your choice. In this case, you can select each channel individually.
9. When you feel you have selected all the channels of your choice. Then click the Continue button again. Explain that this button also shows the total number of channels you have selected.
10. On the next page, you will find full details of all the channels selected from the Broadcaster Bouquet package and the Ala-Carte channel you have selected. This is where it comes to know that Airtel is charging you a minimum amount of Rs 153 for its DTH service.
11. Once you press the confirm button on the next page. Your new package is ready and will be active from February 1, 2019. Let us tell you that for Rs 153 you will get 25 channels from Doordarshan without any extra amount.
Select Airtel DTH Channels in My Airtel App
1. Install the MyAirtel app on your smartphone. In this app, use the mobile number you provided for Airtel DTH service. If you have an ID, log in. New users can register themselves.
2. You will see your DTH ID in the My Accounts section on the My Airtel app home page. Tap this.
3. After that comes the page of Airtel DTH ID. Here you will see many options. Now tap on My Account. On this page you will also see the Connections option. Select it now.
4. If you click here, you will get the message Attention Required in the red colored banner. In this is written the question of the framework of TRAI. Now click on the Upgrade Now button.
5. After that, you will get the Change Current Subscription page. Now follow the same procedure as on the website. Also here your plan is suggested by Airtel. There is also the option of broadcasting Bouquet and Ala-Carte. We recommend that you follow the instructions above. In this way, the DTH package of your choice is activated.
Now the question will arise in your mind whether it is necessary to do this? The answer is yes. We discussed this with the Airtel DTH customer care officer. We have been informed that the existing plan will only be active until January 31, 2019. The new plans will become active from 1 February 2019. If you do not choose a plan, you will be contacted by customer service to choose the Airtel plan.
If you don’t choose a channel this time, there is an option to make it part of your package in the future. Apart from this, you have to pay at least Rs 153 to use Airtel DTH. In this you get 25 free channels from Doordarshan.
Hopefully by following the instructions above you will be able to choose the channels of your choice on Airtel DTH.